Thursday, November 24, 2011

a seasonal challenge

There has been a lot of talk this last week about how to avoid gaining weight during the holidays.  The hardest thing is getting your exercise in when the weather has turned cold and wet.  At work, we are doing a No-gain/Maintain challenge.  Everyone who maintains or gains no more than 1 pound between Nov. 23 and Jan. 3 will be entered in a drawing (losing weight is okay too). 
Then I saw this idea on the Runner's World twitter feed - a challenge to run at least one mile every day beginning today.  Seems do-able.  One mile - in the rain, in the snow, in the dark.  I know that I can run to the bottom of my development and back home again to get that mile in so I am in! 

1 comment:

Lori said...

Sounds good! Running a mile every day won't keep my weight off, but it's a good challenge anyway:)