Wednesday, November 23, 2011

waiting out the rain

They said it would snow but it didn't.  It did  however rain, and rain, and rain, and rain.  The road to the library is closed and flooded.  They are showing pictures on the news of fish swimming across some of the roads.  I was working in my sewing room with the window slightly open and it seemed quieter.  I checked and checked again.  Sure enough, the rain was letting up!  A year ago, I would have stayed inside but now I am someone who runs, even when it is a bit wet or cold or both.  I didn't waste any time getting dressed.  The sun sets at 4:30 pm these days and it was already 3:30 pm.  But I made it to the trail and I got in a good run.  Now, if we get another break tomorrow, I can work off a few more of those extra calories I plan to consume at Thanksgiving dinner.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Glad the rain stopped! The wind has been blowing like crazy here- day and night which is unusual!! Nothing like getting an extra workout while running against the wind!!