Thursday, December 1, 2011

Even when I don't want to

We all have those days - we would rather end the day sitting on a bench instead of running or walking or working out.  This time of year there are more of those days with the sun setting and darkness coming well before dinner time.  Most days we are heading out of the parking lot in the dusk of the day.  Makes it hard to get out to the trail.  And once I am home, it is very hard to get myself motivated to do a work out video or climb up on the elliptical. 
So, what to do?  My main tactic is to pack my bag before I leave home in the morning.  I pack about three options so I can do an inside workout or pile on the layers to go to the trail. 
My back up tactic is to tell someone else I am going to work out.  Asking my running buddy to go for a run after work or telling a co-worker that I will meet her at FitClub.  It is harder to slip out when you have made your intentions known.
Here are some more ideas on how to get out even when you don't want to.

1 comment:

Lori said...

So far our weather has been pretty good, but I know as soon as it turns snowy, rainy, or icy it will be more difficult to be motivated.