Thursday, December 29, 2011

@home workouts

Yesterday I watched a show I don't usually see when school is in session.  A "fitness guru" talked about how you can get in shape with just 10 minutes a day if you use his workout method.  I know his method and I have seen some great results on a few of the moms at school (most of them under age 35 and not overweight to begin with).  I also know that it is not inexpensive.  I love being able to work out @home, that is I love it now.  I didn't love it as much when I was out of shape.  It was too easy for me to "adapt" and not push myself.  At least when I would go to the trail to walk and eventually run, I had my husband or my daughter along so it was harder to quit early.  I have a few workout videos (each costing less than $10) that I have started doing again.  This time around, I find that I am pushing myself.  And they are just what I am going to need over the next few months when the days are shorter and wetter.  I don't have that Bob Harper DVD yet but I do have my own kettle ball.  I love the Kathy Smith tummy trimmers - they are only 10 minutes per work out so I can do 2 workouts before I go to work in the morning.  Same with the Jillian Michaels shred program.  I saw that the ladies over at the Get Moving Fitness Challenge (formerly the 100 Mile Challenge blog) are starting up again in January.  If you are ready to make a commitment, that is a fun place to find some folks to share the ride.
So, what will it be?  I am planning to average 20 minutes a day for the next 3 months.  And you?

1 comment:

Lori said...

It is surprising how many work outs you can find on youtube. At least when the weather is lousy you'll have something as a back up. I dont' mind doing videos every now and then.