Thursday, February 2, 2012

new month - new practice


21 day Yoga Challenge
 The other day at Fit Club, our trainer mentioned that she was thinking of having one day a week for yoga and Pilate's.  I was less than enthusiastic.  Why not?  My daughter does yoga and is so limber and balanced.  I know Pilate's is great for the core.  Both would be a good addition to my strength training and running.  They are just so slow. 
Then I got an email yesterday morning - first day of a new month, how about a 21 day yoga challenge?  I went to the site and signed up.  I don't want to be one of those people who will not try new things.
So, I am on day two.  There is a video each day to demonstrate the poses.  The video for today is titled Happy Days - a great set of poses for early February where the rain and grey skies are beginning to shift folks to a dark mood. 
And I have to say, when I came home from a busy day and a good run, it was nice to slow down with some yoga.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I am going to be changing something up as far as my routine. This may be what I need to slow doown a little and give me body a break before I start training the first of March. Thanks for the heads up!

Lynn Koeppen said...

This sounds great. I will have to check out your link!