Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Random bits and pieces

Okay - Lori tagged me and I am going to totally cheat and just answer her questions here.  I don't know that I even have 11 people who read my blog to tag so let's just say, if you like these questions (and they were fun), please answer them on your own blog and leave me a comment
I will come for a visit to see your answers :)
**************************************************************************************************
11 random things
  1. I play the drums
  2. I actually own a full drum set (thanks to my generous son-in-law) and 4 hand drums - I think I am addicted to drumming :)
  3. I know I am addicted to running and watching my miles add up on Nike+
  4. I learned how to sew when I was 6
  5. My favorite colors are olive green and orange
  6. I like to put beets and kale in my breakfast smoothies
  7. I took ballet lessons for 15 years
  8. I am married (almost 30 years) to a man who writes beautiful music and makes me laugh
  9. I went to Uganda last summer
  10. I love to write
  11. I don't really like to drive but my work has me putting a lot of miles on my car
My answers to Lori's questions:
What's your favorite movie and why?
Sound of Music or Mary Poppins - I can sing along

 
What's been your best vacation ever?
a 3 week trip to the UK with my  husband and our daughters

 
Do you go to a specialty store to buy your tennis  running shoes?
Does Big 5 count?   I saw a pair at Famous Footwear that might be my next buy for running shoes and there are a pair of cross fit shoes at REI that I have been coveting!  Shoes are my weakness and I am pretty sure a pair of orange running shoes will be my next purchase

 
What's your best running/walking  tip?
give yourself time to work up to longer distances and run somewhere that is interesting so you have visual distractions

 
What do you do to relax?
Read, play drums, watch TV

 
As far as food, what is your splurge?
Salt and vinegar chips

 
If you could have any career, what would it be?
the one I have - working with young children and families

 
Do you have any tattoos?
yes :) oh, you want to know more? 

 
Would you ever hire someone to help clean your house?
I wish I could but I know I would make myself crazy cleaning up before they got here

 
Coffee? Or Tea?
coffee black and hot first thing when I get up
a non-fat latte at some point between 8 - 10 am
Lotus tea or Luminous Lemon in the afternoon
How is that for non-committal?

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love it! Thanks for posting yout answers. I'll be wanting more information on that tattoo ya know? LOL