Saturday, April 14, 2012

a different path

Today we drove to a new start point for our run.  Just a chance to shake it up a bit.
We were hoping for 6 miles but fell a bit short.
But - we had a good time and it was fun to see some different scenery.  The best part was finding these blue trees.  They are along a new section of this trail and are painted blue to help them get through the start of their growing.   There was a sign about the environmental reasons for this but I had already stopped to take this photo so I didn't pause longer.
Perhaps next time we run in this direction we will get more information.
This run today puts me at 20 miles for this week - best week in a long time, thanks to spring break :)

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love changing up my route!! Fun trees!!

Lori said...

PS Congrats on 20 miles!!