This Fall, I found this menu planning pad at a craft store. It has 36 pages and a magnet on the back. One side has these little boxes for the days of the week. The other side has lined paper for a grocery list. I keep it on my fridge and each week, I write down my dinner plans for the week and then make a list of what we need at the store. There have been a few weeks when I didn't do this and our dinners were very haphazard and not very healthy on those weeks. Yesterday morning I saw that chicken was on the plan so I pulled a package out of the freezer to defrost. Later that afternoon I briefly thought about suggesting we go out for dinner but I knew I had what I needed to make chicken and sweet potatoes so I hauled myself into the kitchen and made dinner. As we finished the leftovers tonight, I was happy that I stayed with the plan.
2 comments:
I've been meal planning for quite a few years and it helps so much!! Saves money too;)
I have to get better about meal planning! It is so much healthier and cheaper!
Post a Comment